LES hosts monthly webinars, as part of its ongoing Webinar Wednesdays series, as well as Hot Topic webinars that are periodically scheduled to cover breaking developments such as patent reform, important case updates and other major industry news. Webinar Wednesdays are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time and are also available anytime on-demand. Join IP and licensing experts as they share their knowledge and experience regarding today’s most relevant licensing trends and challenges from transactional issues to ethics to valuation.
*NEW LES member benefit: these webinars, a $1,200 value, are FREE for LES members in 2014. Click on a webinar below and register today!
IP Year in Review
April 9, 2014
In the "Year in Review" program, McDermott Will & Emery partners will discuss and analyze the major developments and changes in patent law during 2013 and the key cases to watch in 2014. Our discussion will include:
- The Supreme Court of the United States' decisions in Gunn v. Minton, Bowman v. Monsanto Co., Federal Trade Commission v. Actavis, Inc. and AMP, et al. v. Myriad Genetics, Inc., et al.
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit's decisions impacting divided infringement, preliminary injunctions, patent exhaustion, abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) standards of review, intervening rights, claim construction, developments in the law of secondary considerations of non-obviousness and much more
- Issues pending review by the U.S. Supreme Court
- Practical and case law implications of the continued implementation of the America Invents Act, including trends and statistics for inter partes review and post-grant review
Toby H. Kusmer, PC - Toby H. Kusmer is a partner in the law firm of McDermott Will & Emery LLP and is based in the Firm's Boston office. He focuses his practice on all aspects of intellectual property law, both U.S. and international, including ex parte and inter partes matters such as patent and trademark prosecution, opinions, licensing and contract work and related counseling and litigation. Toby's full bio.
Steven G. Spears
Leigh J. Martinson - Leigh J. Martinson is a partner in the law firm of McDermott Will & Emery LLP and is based in the Firm's Boston office. Leigh focuses his practice on strategic patent portfolio management and complex patent litigation in the areas of analog circuitry, digital circuitry, computer hardware, software, optics, medical devices, RFID technologies, packet and circuit telecommunications, wireless communications, business methods and internet technologies. Leigh's full bio.
- Steven G. Spears is partner-in-charge of the Houston office of the law firm of McDermott Will & Emery LLP. Steven focuses his practice on patent, trade secret and other technology-related litigation involving the chemical, biotechnology and petrochemical industries. He has participated in all aspects of such litigations, including numerous jury trials and appeals before the Federal Circuit. In addition to litigation matters, Steven also counsels clients on intellectual property enforcement, freedom to operate and licensing issues. Steve's full bio.
Who Should Attend
The webinars are designed for all IP and licensing professionals at any level of experience, including corporate IP and licensing professionals, technology transfer professionals, non-IP attorneys, and business development professionals.
Why You Should Attend
LES Webinars are a convenient and affordable way to stay up-to-date with current trends and challenges, gain core knowledge on IP and licensing topics, and supplement your learning in new areas. With our live webinars and growing library of on-demand webinars, you can log-in and learn from leading industry experts anywhere, anytime.
Each webinar is 60 or 90 minutes and addresses a unique topic presented by different industry experts. Sample topics include patent reform, trademark licensing, royalty auditing, patent sales agreements, antitrust issues, and patent licensing conflicts.
We are happy to announce the 2013 Webinar Wednesday series will be FREE to LES members! These webinars, delivered right to your desk, will provide increased knowledge and exposure to today’s hot topics. You’ll also be able to earn CLE and CLP credits!
This new member-only benefit gives you access to IP and licensing experts as they share their knowledge and experience regarding today’s most relevant licensing trends and challenges from transactional issues to ethics to valuation.